JOB SUMMARY: BOI Inc. is a social service agency that provides a variety of programs for both individuals and families. The Program Accountant is an integral member of BOI Inc.’s finance team, which is responsible for the effective financial operations of the organization. The position contributes to BOI’s mission and ability to improve the well-being of individual’s in Washington, DC.
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant and other staff to support accounting procedures and processes related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, and grants & contracts utilizing Zoho software.
- Primarily responsible for budgeting and billing functions.
- Prepare journal entries, accrual and prepaid entries, and reconcile balance sheet accounts for month-end closing.
- File quarterly payroll tax returns, form 941 and year-end W2 and W3.
- Maintain asset, depreciation, and amortization schedules; and prepare monthly depreciation journal entry.
- Assist with benefits processing.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process as needed; and prepare monthly financial reports and grant related reports.
- Assist and support annual external audit process.
- Review, improve, and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with budget, financial analysis, and other data analytics.
- Supervise accounting staff in each program to ensure accuracy of reports and finances.
- Assist with other accounting department responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, nonprofit fund accounting, financial statement consolidations, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience in a nonprofit, government, or similar organization.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in worksheets, word processing, and accounting software.
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate in completing work assigned.
- Ability to work independently and possesses good problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Experience with the Zoho accounting system
- Experience in financial management of federal, state, and local government grants and contracts
- Experience working with a diverse and multicultural team of colleagues and customers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years
- United States (Required)
- ReGroup Program Location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
BOI Inc. describes its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Submit your resume here!