JOB SUMMARY: BOI Inc. is a social service agency that provides a variety of programs for both individuals and families. The Site Director is an integral member of BOI Inc.’s ReGroup Staff, which focuses on the ultimate independence and stability of our families that we service. The position contributes to BOI’s mission and ability to improve the well-being of individual’s in Washington, DC.
The Site Director reports to the Director and Assistant Director and will provide leadership for the Mother’s Home. The Site Director will be responsible for staff performance and personnel management, program operations, facilities management of the house, compliance with contracts, and community relations. Candidates must have a passion for the empowerment of women, the unification of family, and outstanding people skills to be able to grow and maintain relationships with the mothers and staff. Excellent leadership skills are required.
- Provide overall management and supervision to designated program and personnel.
- Maintains program oversight over the program’s overall activities.
- Provides detailed statistical and narrative reports to the Assistant Program Director.
- Attends and insures meetings with partners in CFSA, Family Court, etc.
- Identifies problems and develops in conjunction with staff and/or the Assistant Director and develops and implements immediate corrective action plans.
- Monitor all level of case management and outreach activities
- Establishes and implements a system of internal quality management tracking and monitoring
- Conduct performance reviews
- Attend regularly; dependable coming to work as scheduled
- Report absences within department procedures
- Attend and participate in required meetings (i.e., all-agency meetings, department/program meetings, supervisor meetings, etc.)
- Successfully complete all in-service training required for the position within timelines and participate in other training, as assigned
- Manage work time to meet needs of internal and external customers, stakeholders and individuals receiving services
- Expands knowledge of departmental/agency operations
- Participates in performance review and personal/professional growth
- Independently follows agency policy and procedures
- Complete any other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned and required
- Follows through with commitments including meeting established timelines
- Identifies and resolves difficult issues
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Candidate must possess understanding of BOI Plan for Transition, ReGroup program philosophy and outcomes.
- Supervisory methods and techniques, the principles, practices and policies of management principles, practices and procedures for program planning and evaluation within the respective area of specialization.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Must be able to work in an independent manner.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Flexible and creative. Patience and compassion for co-workers, parents and children.
- Ability to work with co-workers, children, parents and outside agencies professionally and tactfully while exhibiting a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
Office/desk settings at the Mother’s House.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motion and positions. Some lifting may be required (up to 20-25lbs).
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check and/or fingerprinting including FBI.
DRUG TESTING ENFORCED
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a public or not-for-profit sector organization preferred with human services experience a plus. Commensurate private sector experience will be considered. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work, human services, or other related field and 2+ years experience preferred OR
- Masters Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, human services, or other related field and 1 year experience with families.
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse and challenging environment.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player.
- Flexible and passionate about providing a broad spectrum of services to vulnerable populations.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office Software.
- Experience with ZOHO, a plus.
- Strong commitment to mission
Submit your resume here!