Quality Assurance Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: BOI Inc. is a social service agency that provides a variety of programs for both individuals and families. The Quality Assurance Specialist is an integral member of BOI Inc.’s management team, which is responsible for the effective operations of the organization. The position contributes to BOI’s mission and ability to improve the well-being of individual’s in Washington, DC.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, conducting, and/or monitoring policies and procedures which pertain to evaluating organizational effectiveness and compliance in the areas of program oversight and service delivery. The specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, conducting, coordinating, and monitoring quality assurance activity and special project initiatives throughout the organization. This position is responsible for conducting annual program evaluations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and analyze critical data that will track, monitor, and improve the quality and efficiency of agency service delivery
- Assist in the implementation of a Quality Management Plan consistent with BOI, or other regulatory expectations, and local goals and objectives.
- Manage databases, upload records and process requests for records in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Assist in the implementation of a quality assurance system including but not limited to satisfaction surveys, post discharge surveys, etc.
- Prepare required reports and provide recommendations and creative strategies for improvements and service enhancements
- Identify gaps in performance and assist in the implementation of performance improvement projects.
- Review and prepare Unusual Incident Review (UIR) reports to be submitted to QA Manager in a timely manner
- Collaborate with agency departments on a consistent basis
- Provide trainings to staff in QA related areas i.e. UIR completion, CYBER usage, HIPAA and other topics as needed.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned by supervisor or higher level management personnel
- Advance the mission, values and philosophy of BOI on behalf of staff, children, and families
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of one year of related experience required.
- Computer literate a must with proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and an ability to learn new software that may be utilized in the agency’s quality assurance program.
- Must possess an excellent command of the nature of operations within an organization serving at risk youth and their families, returning citizens, and the homeless,
- Knowledge of QA concepts or methodologies
- Must possess working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Strong communication skills which are clear and effective, both verbally and in writing
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidentially and use discretion in all matters
- Must exhibit excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 /year
- United States (Required)
- ReGroup House
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
BOI Inc. describes its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Submit your resume here!